New 716 website

On 716 que je vois la vie, I recommend restaurants (716 Food), music (716 Music) & I propose my special Paris Tours (Le Vrai Paris).

"
I have eaten and have paid my meals in all the restaurants recommended here."

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Au Petit Bar - Paris (75001)

Au Petit Bar
7, rue du Mont-Thabor
75001 Paris
Open Monday to Saturday, from 7am to 10pm
Tél : 01 42 60 62 09
french version












The restaurant
I haven’t had a main course yet, just a ham, butter and cornichons (1) sandwich with a glass of red: it was perfect.
Seeing the happy faces of the regulars who eat at the tables or at the counter and the immaculate presentation of the cooks who also serve at the bar I would be very surprised if the grated carrots or the sirloin steak weren’t as endearing as the rest.

Note 12/2009: ok, I’ve eaten a dish and there’s no problem. Home-style roast beef and mash.













The back-story
I was coming out of the Carr’s when I found myself in front of the Petit Bar. Its old sign beckoned me like a dear friend might’ve done.
Once inside, I wasn’t disappointed! The owner, his wife and the chef were eating at the back of the room whilst two clients were chatting at the bar. The chef got up and immediately sent a warm ‘Bonsoir Monsieur’ (2) in my direction.
Once he had poured me a beer he went back to his table: ’you’ll excuse me but we were just about to get started on the meat’.
Then the owner said: ‘it’s for the internet ? but we’re already on it!’
Well, that’s what I find each time I go back to the Petit Bar: warmth and authenticity and an ongoing impression that Ventura (3) has just left the room after receiving a personal call on the dial phone…by the glass of Ricard (4).













(1) Small French gherkin
(2)’Good evening Sir’
(3) French-Italian actor who was famous for his gangster roles in French films from the 50’s to the 80’s.
(4) Traditional French anise liqueur

0 comments:

Post a Comment